5 plugins to protect WordPress against hacking and spam
WordPress – the most popular and demanded platform for blogging. I noticed that most of the bloggers do not pay such attention to the security of the website, which they give for design and content. As a result, many blogs are hacked, infected with viruses or they lose data as a result of their vulnerability and lack of protection.
However, if you want to protect the data on your blog, I recommend you spend some time for setting up the security features of your blog. The best minds are working to improve security features of WordPress platform, so you need to constantly update your WordPress to the latest version. If you do not have the latest version of WordPress, you’ll be one step behind the other bloggers in terms of ensuring the security of your site. To all of this, I advise you to use the following plug-ins to help you protect your blog from attacks of hackers.
Ultimate Security Checker
Ultimate security checker – will help to verify and identify the problems associated with the installation of WordPress. You need to install and run a scan that will ensure the safety of the hundreds of different threats to your site. This scanner can help you solve the security problems found.
Better WP Security
Hackers know quite a lot about weak passwords, vulnerabilities of plugins and outdated software. Better WP security plugin offers a variety of loopholes and keep track of vulnerabilities that may affect safety.
- Rename the Administrator Account
- The path to the folder “wp-content”
- Changes to the database table
- URL changes the administrative panel of WordPress, administrator name, access code and other important functions
Along with this, the plugin has other features that you can try on your site. Download Better WP Security
Limit Login Attempts
A hacker can easily crack a weak password, using the method of selection, as WordPress settings allow multiple introduction of information on the login page, or by sending special codes. The best way to protect your site from the method of selection of the password – is limiting the number of password attempts. Here are a few basic tasks that solves plug Limit Login Attempts:
- A limited number of login attempts from same IP-address
- A limited number of login attempts with the help of cookies
- Privacy settings on a server
Wordfence is my choice. It’s all in one solution which can
- limit login attempts
- search for changed files
- scan files for viruses with schedule
- has country and ip blocking
- block range of ips
- Wordfence Security scans check all your files, comments and posts for URL’s in Google’s Safe Browsing list
Even taking all possible measures to ensure the safety of your blog WordPress, it may happen that you lose all your data. Therefore, you should always make regular copies of the database and the most important files stored on a blog / website. BackWPUp – is the most popular plug-in performs an important function: backup your website.
- It performs automatic backups
- Database Backup
- Backing up your important files
- Storing backups in formats such as .zip, .tar, tar.gz and others.
- It offers an independent storage for the backup to FTP-server, as well as popular online services: Amazon, Rackspace, DropBox and others.